Monday, October 5, 2009

difficulty paper-The"Banking" concept of education Paulo Freire

The “Banking” Concept of Education by Paulo Freire is a piece about teacher student relationships. The teacher serves as a “filler”, while the student serves as the “receptacle.” As Paulo says, “ The more completely she fills the receptacles, the better a teacher she is.” A very well written piece but to me proven very difficult to read and comprehend. I found myself completely distracted from it. Given, Freire brings out many good points, the language and style he chose was to much for me to grasp. Constantly wondering what some words meant left me hanging. I also found myself going back and rereading paragraphs because by the time I was done, I still didn't have the material down. I know reading hard like this is good for the sake of becoming a better writer and reader, but being able to understand it helps as well. I think that if Paulo changed somethings, and I don't mean to dumb down his writing but he could try broaden his writing for the different types of readers willing to read his concepts of education.

No comments:

Post a Comment